A PM&R physician, which stands for Physical, Medicine and Rehabilitation, are specialists known as physiatrists. We at RPPC, are all board certified physicians who treat multiple medical conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons.
We have physicians who have completed training in the subspecialties of Brain Injury Medicine, Sports Medicine, Pain Medicine and Electro Diagnostic Medicine.
How do we help you?
- We focus treatment on function
- We have a broad medical expertise that allows us to treat disabling conditions throughout a person’s lifetime
- We diagnose and treat pain as a result of an injury, illness or disabling condition
- We determine and lead a treatment/prevention plan
- We lead a team of medical professionals, which may include physical therapists, occupational therapists, and physician extenders to optimize patient care
- We work with other physicians, which may include primary care physicians, neurologists, orthopedic surgeons and many others
- We treat the whole person, not just the problem area