Many neurological conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease affect movement, coordination, pain and daily functioning. The goal of treatment is to manage the symptoms and reach maximum independence.
When you meet with one of our physiatrists, a comprehensive rehabilitation program will be developed and coordinated to improve the overall quality of life. The rehabilitation plan can include:
- Exercises to help improve motor skills, restore or maintain activities of daily living.
- Exercises that promote muscle strength, endurance, and control.
- Treatments to improve muscle spasticity, laxity, and tremors.
- Evaluation and fitting of assistive devices such as canes, braces and walkers.
- Methods to improve communication skills for patients who have difficulty speaking.
- Cognitive retraining.
- Vocational counseling
- Adapting the home environment for ease of function, safety, accessibility and mobility.
- Patient and family education
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (248) 893-3200.